Making safe, free and instant deposits and withdrawals are high on the list of priorities for all Canadian players, but which are the best online casino payment methods? There are tons of payment options you can use at Canadian online casinos, but not all are popular and trustworthy.
The sheer number of payment methods can make it difficult for newbies to choose the right one accordingly, but this article can help you find the best options for your transactions!
From credit and debit cards to crypto payments and prepaid cards – these are the best online payment methods you can find at reputable Canadian casinos. Due to their versatility and wide acceptance, it might be challenging to narrow down your preferred and most convenient payment method. Your best bet is to go through all the categories listed below and pick your fighter.
Credit and Debit Cards
If you are used to relying a credit or a debit card for making online purchases, then you will be happy to know that this payment method is available at all reliable Canadian online casinos.
The most used cards for online gambling in Canada are Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. However, note that you might find some difficulties with using a credit card for making online casino deposits or withdrawals.
There are a couple of reasons for it:
- Regulators such as the UKGC don’t allow credit card gambling.
- Some of the biggest banks in Canada don’t accept gambling–related transactions.
Thankfully, this problem is non-existent with debit cards. Making a deposit or a withdrawal with a debit card is relatively simple, and depending on the casino you choose, you might have to wait up to several business days, typically 5–7, for the funds to arrive in your account.
|Safe and reliable options for online gambling
|Withdrawals can take up to 5 days
|Almost all Canadian casinos accept debit cards
|Credit cards are not always available for online gambling
|Instant and free deposits
The increasing demand for e-wallets in the Canadian online gambling world should come as no surprise when you see all the advantages they hold. Apart from the encryption technology used to protect users’ financial data, e-wallets are much faster with processing withdrawals than cards.
PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz are the most commonly accepted e-wallets at online casino sites in Canada. Once you create your online casino account, you can make your first deposit with any of these payment options nearly instantly:
- Create an account at one of the e-wallets accepted.
- Register on a Canadian casino that accepts e-wallets.
- Choose one of the e-wallets as your payment method.
- Enter the email you used for creating an e-wallet account.
- Select the sum to deposit.
- Confirm the transaction.
There is no need for you to enter any bank account details. That information is already stored in the e–wallet, so it makes the whole process of making deposits and withdrawals much more seamless.
Finally, withdrawals with e-wallets are much faster than credit or debit cards. Depending on the processing time of the casino, you can expect your funds in up to a day.
|Some currency conversion fees may apply, depending on the casino
|Secure options for all transactions
|No need to include bank account details to the online casino
Canadian players can also utilize instant banking when they transfer money or withdraw at gambling online sites. Such an option allows you to connect your bank account to the online casino with an intermediary that processes your request and your bank account details.
Some commonly used instant banking options in Canadian casinos are:
Using any of these payment methods is a relatively simple process. Once you sign up for an account, you will need to provide your banking information. There is no need for you to deposit any funds, regardless of the option you choose, as it acts only as an intermediary – it transfers funds from your bank account to the online casino in question.
So, for you to make a casino deposit using an instant banking payment method, you need to enter your bank account number, choose the amount you want to deposit on the site and hit the Deposit button.
All of the above-mentioned options under this category are fast in processing transactions, meaning that you should see the funds arrive in your casino account near–instantly. It is also available for withdrawals.
|No need to top up your account
|You may not be able to use it with all Canadian banks
|Cutting–edge encryption technology to protect your financial details
|Withdrawals in up to 3 days
Prepaid vouchers work very differently compared to the rest of the methods on this list. To use it, you need to purchase one in retail stores available all around Canada. These cards come with a predetermined value, which is what you will be able to spend until you decide to top it up or stop there.
So, prepaid cards are a great option for casino players in Canada who wish to have more control over their online casino payments.
Once you purchase a prepaid voucher, you will get a serial number or a PIN that you will need to provide every time you deposit money into your online casino account. However, due to their nature, you won’t be able to use prepaid cards as your withdrawal methods at casinos.
With that in mind, some popular prepaid cards Canadian gamblers use at online casinos are:
|You can purchase it in various stores in Canada
|Not available for withdrawals
|Great option for responsible gambling
|Fast and safe deposits
If you are an old-fashioned punter at casinos, then we have a solid option for your deposits and withdrawals – a bank transfer. Using bank transfer as your deposit method is very simple and you can get started by following a couple of steps:
- Head to the Cashier section and choose bank transfer as your payment method.
- You will receive casino payment details and a reference code.
- Log in with your online bank and enter that information alongside the sum you wish to deposit.
- Enjoy your favorite casino games!
As you can see, you won’t need to enter any bank account details when making such transactions at online casinos.
Withdrawals are also relatively simple, as once you choose bank transfers as your preferred method for withdrawals, you will need to provide some of the following information:
- Name of the bank
- Your bank account number
- Account type
This process may take longer to be completed – 3-5 working days is the standard with online banking withdrawals.
|Easy and convenient way to make deposits and withdrawals
|Withdrawals can take longer than other payment methods on the list
|No fees associated
|Most Canadian online casinos accept bank transfers
Mobile Casino Payments
Players that prefer to rely on mobile payments can rest assured as Google Pay and Apple Pay are available in almost all Canadian online casinos. By using either option, you will provide your card details only once – during the initial setup.
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to withdraw winnings with these options. Another mobile casino deposit option is “pay-by-phone” – a deposit method that allows you to top up your online casino account via either your phone bill or phone credit.
If you are on a phone bill, you will need to pay the provider for your online gambling activities at the end of the month. However, if you’re a pre-credit user, your funds will be limited to the sum on your account. This option is also not available for withdrawals.
|Simple way to make deposits
|Not available for withdrawals
|More secure payments, as they are PIN-protected and use tokenization
|You only provide card details once – during the setup of your account
Not all online casinos accept cryptocurrencies, but some licensed licensed sites available to Canadian punters seek to exploit their grey–based nature.
There are plenty of reasons why cryptocurrencies are popular among punters, with safe and anonymous transactions as well as instant payouts being the highlighted ones.
As there is no central authority to control and review withdrawals, you can expect near–instant payouts when you request one.
However, another negative aspect of cryptocurrencies is the fact that they are highly volatile. Once again, as there are no central banks or government institutions controlling them, you can see them jump up and down in value every day.
Popular crypto options include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Tether, Dogecoin, etc.
|Not as common
|No need to provide bank details
How to Make an Online Casino Deposit
Now that you know how the main casino payment methods in Canada work, you might feel like it is time to start your gambling journey. Well, we couldn’t agree more but don’t just dive into the process blindfolded.
There are a few crucial, yet simple steps, you need to complete to make a deposit at your favorite Canadian online casino:
- Choose a licensed and reputable Canadian online casino.
- Register and if needed, verify your account.
- Choose one of the online casino deposit methods.
- Enter the sum you wish to deposit – Keep in mind that different operators have different minimum deposit rates.
- Deposit – The money should arrive instantly in your account.
- Claim the welcome bonus & play –– If you are fine with the bonus terms and conditions proceed with claiming it and your gambling journey can begin!
The general terms and conditions of any online casino are worth visiting when all kinds of transactions are in question. There, you will find all relevant information about bonus-excluded payment methods, minimum deposit limits, any potential associated fees with transactions and so on.
Hopefully, not long after you start playing casino games, you will secure a nice win, after which it will be time to make your first withdrawal. To do that, you need to follow a few general steps which mostly repeat themselves in all Canadian online casinos:
- Go to the Cashier section of your casino online account.
- Choose the Withdraw Money option.
- Select one of the payment methods.
- Enter the sum you wish to withdraw – Once again, different operators have different minimum and maximum amounts you can withdraw.
- Hit the Withdraw button and wait for the money to arrive in your account.
As seen with the list of payment methods above, the processing time varies from one option to another. E-wallets tend to be the fastest with processing withdrawals, closely followed by debit cards.
Another aspect that we have to emphasize is the wagering requirements on bonuses. You won’t be able to make any withdrawals before completing the playthrough requirements, regardless of which payment method you choose.
Online gambling is always a fun pastime activity, especially when you wager at the best online casinos in Canada. However, it is only natural that during your gambling online adventure, you encounter some problems.
Most commonly, punters have problems with their deposits and/and withdrawals, so some of the common difficulties you may face are:
- Declined card – You may not have sufficient balance on your card to proceed with making a deposit on the site.
- Credit cards not allowed – As mentioned above, credit cards are not allowed in some casinos and by some regulators, so double–check whether you can use them for deposits.
- Account verification not completed – Some online casinos in Canada require you to verify your account before making your first deposit, while others ask you when withdrawing.
- Your transaction is below the minimum – All casinos have minimum deposit and withdrawal limits you need to comply with when making any transaction.
- Wagering requirements not completed – You won’t be able to make any withdrawals before you complete the wagering requirements of the bonus you claimed.
- Your bank and casino account’s names don’t match – Double check to see whether you have provided the correct information.
- Different e-mail address – Your email address is not the one you used for your e-wallet account.
If you are having any uncertainties about your deposits or withdrawals at any casino, the quickest way to get a response would be to contact the customer support team and explain in detail what you have encountered.
Your number one priority when you transfer funds or play casino games should be security. You should always feel comfortable with providing sensitive financial data to any online casino. So, choosing a reliable payment method means that you need to pay close attention to the following aspects:
- Choose only options that you are familiar with – You are likely to already own at least a debit card, so as you have probably made purchases online with it, you can rest assured that your transactions at casinos are 100% secure.
- Register at licensed operators – Reliable operators holding licenses from trusted regulators such as the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario use advanced SSL encryption technologies to protect your transactions online.
- Read reviews – Sites such as ourselves will provide you with the necessary information about every payment method out there in Canada, so you will know which ones to choose and which ones to avoid.
- Know your preferences – If you always want instant access to your winnings, then e-wallets are your best choice. If you are more patient and can wait a few days, then there is nothing wrong with wire transfers or debit cards.
You now have detailed information about every popular payment method in Canadian casinos, but we can summarize the main talking points of each one of them. Let’s take a look at how popular payment options go head to head.
|💵Approximate deposit limit
|💰Approximate withdrawal limit
|Up to $1,000
|Currency conversion fees of up to 4.00%, and 1.75% fee for instant bank withdrawal
|$5 if you don’t make yearly transactions, 3.99% currency conversion fee, $10 annual fee
|Depends on your Skrill VIP Level and the Documentation Skrill has on you
|$15–$50, depending on the provider and the bank
|No legal limits in Canada, so depends on the online casino
All in all, we hope that you can now see the importance of only choosing the best casino payment methods for your casino gambling adventure in any reliable Canadian online casino.
Making seamless, safe and near-instant transactions is one of the vital pillars of any online casino. You shouldn’t take choosing your payment methods lightly, as selecting the right one can have various benefits – fast transactions, secure deposits and withdrawals, as well as limits you are comfortable with.
Hopefully, this article will be useful for you when choosing how to make your next casino transactions. Armed with this knowledge, nothing should stop you from taking a look at our recommended casinos in Canada, registering at one and starting to play the best casino games!
Canadian players can rely on credit and debit cards for fast and convenient transactions. We also recommend e-wallets, prepaid cards, mobile payments, and instant banking if you want to deposit and withdraw your funds quickly and safely. There’s also bank transfers and cryptocurrency payments, each with its own pros and cons.
Yes, you can. Among other e-wallets, PayPal is also a valid option for Canadian players.
Yes, you can. You can make either bank transfers directly from your bank account or use instant banking.
There are additional payment methods you can rely on aside from credit cards, including debit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, and more.