The UK online casino industry continues to thrive, generating millions of pounds every year. To capitalise on the growing market, iGaming operators have partnered with some of the most popular payment methods in the country. One of the player favourites is Boku, a pay-by-phone banking system launched in 2009 in California.
The Boku casino UK industry features hundreds of platforms accepting this payment method. Still, very few have what it takes to rank as the best on the market.
To help you choose wisely, we’ve compiled a table with the best Boku casino sites UK offers and created a guide on how to use this payment method. From making deposits and claiming bonuses to discussing Boku mobile payments and overall pros and cons, we cover all bases.
What Is Boku?
Boku is an electronic banking system that facilitates payment through mobile billing. Its innovative approach, combined with an existing market gap, paved the way for exciting expansion opportunities. Today, Boku prides itself on being the first global mobile payment network available in over 29 countries, including the UK.
Like many others, Boku payments allow users to make quick and easy purchases at various merchants. However, it doesn’t require you to disclose sensitive financial info or open separate payment accounts.
When you make a Boku casino deposit, the service deducts this amount from your pay-as-you-go balance or adds the expenses to your next phone bill. This way, the system reinforces your online security without sacrificing convenience or transactional speed. These qualities make it perfect for the volatile iGaming sector, especially given UKGC’s recent credit card ban. As a result, the number of Boku casino sites grows every day.
Now that you’re up to speed with its capabilities and services, let’s talk about casinos that accept Boku. Extensive research, analysis, and testing helped our team narrow down the Boku online casino selection to 10 top operators. The table below shows our rankings and lists these platforms’ welcome bonus and deposit limit information.
Feel free to browse the list, visit each platform, and choose the Boku casino that best fits your needs and preferences.
|Up to 500 free spins
|100% up to £100 match deposit bonus and 30 bonus spins for Reactoonz
|25 free spins for Sporting Legends slot games if you bet £25
|100% up to £300 match deposit bonus and 150 free spins for NetEnt slots
|100% up to £100 match deposit bonus
|21 Prive Casino
|100% up to £100 match deposit bonus and 100 bonus spins for Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst
|100% up to £100 match deposit bonus and 100 bonus spins for Starburst
|100% up to £50 match deposit bonus
|100% up to £100 match deposit bonus and 100 bonus spins for Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst
|Touch Mobile Casino
|Up to 20% cashback and up to 50 free spins for Starburst, Aloha!, and Finn and the Swirly Spin
|£10 for free spins and £50 for the cashback
Disclaimer: White Hat casinos in the table don’t feature Boku in their broad payment methods list because of its geo-location restrictions. However, as stated on a Boku-dedicated page on White Hat’s official website, the solution should be available in the Deposit section once you register a UK-based account.
Boku is one of the most straightforward payment methods in the iGaming realm. A working mobile device, a phone number, and an account at a casino that accepts Boku payments are all you need to use it. The following step-by-step guide will walk you through the process.
- Choose a pay-by-Boku casino — Go through our table featuring the best Boku casinos, select the most intriguing ones, and visit their websites. Look for your favourite casino games, bonuses, and reliable payment options beyond Boku deposits to pick the right one for your needs.
- Create a Boku casino account — Use the Join or Sign Up button to open and fill in the registration form. Ensure all data is correct so you don’t have issues with identity verification later on and submit your request.
- Navigate to the Cashier — Find Boku among available Deposit methods, select it, and enter the amount you’d like to deposit. Keep the Boku casino minimum limits in mind and don’t forget this processor doesn’t allow deposits higher than £30 per day.
- Authorise your Boku deposit — Enter your mobile phone number and wait for a confirmation message from the service. Depending on your subscription, the SMS may require a confirmation reply or include a unique PIN. In the latter case, copy the PIN into the appropriate field on your pay-by-phone casino Boku Deposit page.
- Wait for the confirmation message — Check your inbox for the payment confirmation. Most Boku deposits are instant, so you most likely won’t wait for long. However, the overall pending time will depend on your mobile carrier and the Boku deposit casino you choose.
Note: You can simplify your Boku mobile payments using the company’s subscription service. This method allows you to set up automatic recurring payments to specific merchants in a fixed time interval. However, your Boku pay-by-mobile casino must support this feature for you to take advantage of it, so make sure to check the platform’s Terms and Conditions or contact customer support.
Boku Fees & Transaction Times
In general, Boku is known for offering one of the fastest and most affordable payment services in the United Kingdom, processing all transactions instantly without any additional charges. However, not every mobile carrier and online casino with Boku will let you enjoy all these perks.
Boku’s Terms of Service explain that its transactions may incur additional costs based on your wireless carrier’s policy and merchant’s regulations. For example, you may be subject to standard message charges, and your online casino may impose fees for processing the deposit.
The same holds true regarding transaction times. If you check our table, you’ll see that a deposit by Boku casino usually tends to be instant, while some platforms take one to three days to complete the process. If you’d like to make the most of your Boku payments, make sure you factor in this information before committing to a specific mobile casino and data provider.
Once you make your first Boku deposit, explore the Promotions section at your Boku payment casino UK site. Depending on the brand you’ve chosen, you may find various incentives, such as the following:
- Welcome bonus package helps newcomers explore their Boku casino’s gaming offer and find their favourites once they make their first Boku deposit. The offer comes in match deposit and no deposit formats, though the former is more common.
- Free spins promotion targets new and regular players, depending on whether it’s a standalone offer or part of a welcome bonus package. It offers a fixed bundle of free spins for a specific or a range of online slots the casino hosts. As our top list illustrates, most Boku casino free spins come with deposit and wagering requirements.
- Cashback bonuses make refunds to players who’ve lost a particular amount of their funds within a specific timeframe by playing real money games. Refunds may cover the entire loss or only a portion of it, depending on the offer. They’re designed to encourage users to keep playing.
- Referrals are deposit-by-Boku casino incentives for regular users. They usually reward fixed casino credit amounts to players whose friends register and make real-money deposits using a special code. Most referrals are one-off offers, but you may encounter some that grant rewards multiple times.
After you’ve browsed your Boku casino bonuses, pick the most attractive one and check whether you qualify for it in the bonus terms. Follow on-site instructions to make a qualifying deposit, trigger the promotion, and fulfil the wagering requirements to be able to withdraw your winnings.
Because of its operational nature, Boku doesn’t accept withdrawals. Still, that doesn’t mean Boku casinos don’t support real-money payouts. Users can cash out their winnings by switching to a different payment method when they request a withdrawal. You can read about some of Boku casinos’ best alternative banking solutions in one of the sections below.
Boku is a pay-by-phone payment system that you can use on various mobile devices. It works through your mobile carrier, which means you don’t need any special mobile software to use it. Simply make sure your mobile network operator works with Boku and allow the Premium or Carrier Billing services on your device. Neither should be an issue since Boku partners with all major UK providers that offer user-friendly services, including our top 10 Boku mobile casinos.
To make your gaming experience even more convenient, you can download Boku casinos’ standalone mobile apps. They are available on these brands’ official websites and are easy to install. With them, you can play online casino games and fund your accounts without turning on your desktop computer.
Pros & Cons of Using Boku
|Widely accepted in UK online casinos
|Simple to use system
|£30 daily limit on deposits
|No sensitive information required
|Solid processing times
Alternatives to Boku
While few can match the convenience Boku offers, our top-rated Boku casinos work with many other solutions prevalent in the UK. If you’re looking for alternatives that operate similarly, eVoucher services like CashtoCode and Paysafecard are good options.
High-rollers might be more interested in traditional options like Mastercard and Visa debit cards because of their deposit limits. For instance, at NetBet, users can cash out up to £35,000 using these debit cards.
Nevertheless, if you’re more into speedy and low-fee transactions, we recommend e-wallets like PayPal and Payz. They comply with all UK and EU/EEA regulations and are widely accessible in Boku casinos.
Numerous UK-licensed reputable online casinos accept Boku deposits, like NetBet, PlayGrand, Dream Vegas, Hyper Casino, and others listed in our top 10 list above.
Boku is a pay-by-phone solution that lets casino players top their accounts hassle-free. It's based on mobile billing, so you don't need an app or bank account to use it. Having a working mobile device and a SIM card is enough.
It is. Boku has headquarters in London. It works with major UK mobile network operators and offers services in a range of UKGC-licensed casinos.
Boku partners with mobile carriers, deducting funds from users' mobile pay-as-you-go balances or adding expenses to their phone bills to make online payments.