Online gamblers have plenty of options when it comes to payment methods, but e-wallets, in particular, have gained much popularity following the UKGC’s credit card ban. Among these, several processors have risen to prominence, including Google’s GPay.
A range of respectable UK-licensed online casinos accept Google Pay. To help you find your match, we’ve compiled a list of the country’s best Google Pay casino sites. Check it out, read the reviews, and learn how this payment method works with UK online gambling sites.
What Is Google Pay?
Google Wallet first appeared in 2011 as a mobile payment solution targeting Android users. In 2018, the system was rebranded into Google Pay, expanding its contactless P2P payment services to iOS devices. Today, the platform boasts over 150 million active users, including over 214,000 Brits.
Similarly to other e-wallets, Google Pay offers quick and easy online and in-store payments. The provider mediates between your bank account and the merchant using near-field communication (NFC) technology. It connects the Google Pay account on your mobile device to the payment terminal and completes transactions in a few easy steps.
The wide accessibility, accelerated processing, and enhanced security are ideal for the iGaming sector, leading to a growing demand and an increased number of Google Pay casino sites in the UK.
If you’re ready to join a casino that accepts Google Pay, the following table will help you get started. It comprises a list of top Google Pay casinos with their welcome bonus offers and minimum deposit limits.
Each brand has been thoroughly examined to ensure it’s trustworthy and safe, so you can’t go wrong whatever you choose. Browse the operators, visit their official websites, consider their games and features, and pick your winner.
|🎰Google Pay Casino
|100% up to £400
|Up to 500 free spins
|£50 bonus and 100 free spins for Fishin’ Frenzy
|£40 bonus for slots and 50 free spins
|100 free spins for Starburst
|£20 bonus for slots and 30 free spins
|Up to £30 on selected games
|50 free spins
|50 free spins for Starburst
|25 free spins for Sporting Legends slot games
How to Deposit Using Google Pay?
Google Pay is designed for simplicity, whatever merchant you’re dealing with. Online casinos are no exception. An internet connection, a working mobile device, and a Google Pay account are all you need to make your first online casino Google Pay deposit. Here’s what the process involves:
- Open a Google Pay account — Visit the app store for your device and find and install the Google Pay app. Launch the application, add your Google account, and provide your phone number. Use the 5-digit code you receive via SMS within 30 seconds to verify the number and log into your account.
- Verify your Google Pay account — Open Insights in your Google Pay app, tap the Money button, and follow the on-page verification instructions. The platform may require copies of your ID, driver’s licence, utility bill, bank statement, and so on. This step isn’t mandatory, but your Google Pay deposits will be limited if you skip it.
- Connect Google Pay to your bank account — Return to the Insight tab, select the UK as your country of residence, and pick the payment method you’d like to use to load funds into your Google Pay account. You’ll have a choice between credit and debit cards, but you must opt for the latter to comply with the recent UKGC ban. Once you’ve done that, tap the Add Account button, provide your credentials, and wait for the authorisation process to complete.
- Register a Google Pay casino account — Check out our best Google Pay online casino sites list and visit your favourite. Find the Sign Up button to open the registration form and create an online casino account. Double-check all information before you submit your request.
- Fund your casino Google Pay account — Log into your online casino and head to the Cashier section. Locate Google Pay among the available deposit methods and select it. Enter the amount you want to transfer, keeping your casino’s Google Pay deposit limits and welcome bonus terms in mind. Approve the transaction through Google Authenticator or Touch ID and wait for the funds to appear in your casino account.
Google Pay Fees & Transaction Times
Google Pay is a top choice for online casino players in the UK for many reasons, with processing times and fees being among the most important. This payment method provides hassle-free and instantaneous transactions anytime, anywhere.
You won’t need to worry about fees or limits, either. This brand has a policy that keeps payments fee-free for its users, even when depositing in Google Pay casino UK accounts. It also imposes no minimum or maximum cap on transactions, making it a fantastic choice for high rollers and sharks in the UK iGaming realm.
Note: Some casinos that accept Google Pay charge fees and impose limits on transactions with this payment method. The former result from charges they receive from Google Pay, and the latter are imposed by the license provider. To avoid these inconveniences, check the Terms and Conditions or speak with customer support before registering at a Google Pay online casino.
Can You Claim Casino Bonuses Using Google Pay?
If you frequent UK-based online casinos, you’ll know operators exclude certain e-wallets from qualifying for their welcome and ongoing promotions. Thankfully, Google Pay isn’t one of them. Players can use this payment method to take advantage of various hefty deals Google Pay online casinos offer, including the following:
- Welcome bonus packages — As our top Google Pay casino table shows, this type of promotion is a must in the UK iGaming market. It usually comprises a small match deposit bonus and a free spins bundle and tends to be among the most generous online casino bonuses. Its primary purpose is to draw new players and help them find their feet on the platform.
- Free spins bundles — This offer grants a fixed number of free spins for one or more slot games available at your casino with Google Pay. It can be part of the welcome bonus package, as with NetBet or bet365 or an ongoing standalone offer. Either way, it caters to online slot enthusiasts.
- Reloads and cashbacks — These incentives provide a convenient method for returning players to replenish their accounts when their funds run low. Both are set up to match a portion of your deposit. However, while reloads are available to all players, cashbacks are only valid for those who’ve lost a particular amount of money playing casino games.
- Promotional tournaments — Google Pay casinos run time-limited promotional contests to accommodate players who enjoy competition. These events involve specific games and feature lucrative prize pools. They tend to be holiday- or season-based but can also be monthly, weekly, and daily events. Party Casino’s tourneys are an excellent example.
According to its Help Center and Guidelines, Google Pay lets UK users receive payment from family and friends with personal Google Pay accounts. However, GPay makes no mention of payments from merchants, like online casinos.
In line with these rules, most casinos that accept Google Pay do not offer this payment method among their withdrawal options. Still, if you go through our best Google Pay casino list, you’ll come across sites like PokerStars or Party Casino, where the policy is different. You can learn more about their payment systems and your options as a UK player from these operators’ customer support teams.
Pros & Cons of Using Google Pay
|Reliable UK online casino options
|Limited withdrawal support
|Restricted functionality on iOS mobile devices
|No transaction fees
|No transaction limits (imposed by Google Pay)
Alternatives to Google Pay
Google Pay is an excellent choice, but it’s not the only trustworthy payment method in the UK online gambling scene. Explore your online casino that accepts Google Pay, and you’ll find plenty of other viable banking solutions. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- Apple Pay is a great choice for players looking for a payment method similar to Google Pay. It offers a comparable mobile app, but it’s slightly more widespread than GPay, and it supports online casino withdrawals on most gaming platforms on our top list. The platform is also designed for iOS, enabling you to take advantage of more features if you use an Apple device.
- Visa and Mastercard are fantastic Google Pay alternatives if you’re looking for a secure banking solution. They’ll process transactions to and from online casinos without issues, regardless of the amount you’re transferring. Plus, they’re some of the UK’s most popular and widespread payment processors. However, these debit cards won’t be as quick as some of their more modern rivals.
- Boku is made for users looking for an easy-to-use payment method. It lets players initiate transactions from their mobile devices via a text message. The system works through your mobile carrier, so you don’t have to open additional payment accounts and share sensitive information with third parties. Its main downside is that it doesn’t support withdrawals.
Google Pay is a well-known and popular payment method in the UK, and many UKGC-licensed online casinos work with it. If you're interested in the best ones, take a look at our best Google Pay casinos table above.
It does. Google Pay utilises a mobile app enabling users to issue and approve transactions through their mobile devices. You can use it with any mobile-optimised operator in our top Google Pay casino table.
No. Google Pay's fee-free transactions are one of its best features.
UK casinos that accept Google Pay impose different limits on their deposits. You can learn more about the ones you're subject to from your casino's Cashier, T&C page, or Help centre.